- Race Info
- Visitor Guide
TRAFFIC INFORMATION: Is there any special traffic information I need to know about?
SPECIAL TRAFFIC PATTERNS*
1. ROGERS AVE. will be closed to all vehicle traffic from Winner Ave. to Northern Pkwy. from 10:00 p.m. Friday, May 16th until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night, Saturday, May 17th (Pedestrian foot traffic only).
2. WINNER AVE. will be one-way Northbound from Hayward Ave. to Rogers Ave. beginning at 10:00 p.m. Thursday night, May 15th until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night, May 17th.
3. WINNER AVE. will remain two-way from Rogers Ave. to Northern Pkwy. until 5:00 p.m., Preakness night, May 17th.
4. WINNER AVE. will become one-way Northbound from Rogers Ave. to Northern Pkwy. beginning at 5:00 p.m. Preakness Day, May 18th until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night.
5. HAYWARD AVE. will be one-way Eastbound from Park Heights Ave. to Winner Ave. beginning at 7:00 a.m. Preakness morning, May 17th until 3:00 p.m. Preakness Day.
6. HORSEMEN: A temporary one-way entrance for automobile traffic to the Hayward Stable Area entrance will be created through the Press Lot behind Barn E, accessible via Winner Ave. beginning at 7:00 a.m. Black-Eyed Susan morning, Fri., May 16th, until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night Sat., May 17th.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR HORSE VANS SHIPPING INTO THE HAYWARD AVE. STABLE GATE ON PREAKNESS DAY: Horse Vans will not be permitted access to the Hayward Ave. stable area after 8:00 a.m., on Preakness Day. If a horse van enters the Hayward gate after 8:00 a.m, they will be required to stay in the stable area until after the last race.
* Traffic Patterns may be subject to change.
When traveling to Pimlico on Preakness Day, please remember to allow yourself sufficient time for convenient access and plan to come early!