- Race Info
- Visitor Guide
ACTIVITIES: Are there any other activities I can attend prior to the Preakness?
AIRPORT: What is the nearest airport?
BETTING AGE: How old do you have to be to place a bet?
CHILDREN: Can I bring my children and do they need a ticket for BES or Preakness Day?
DIRECTIONS: How do I get to Pimlico Race Course?
LOST & FOUND: I've lost someone/something, where do I go?
HOTELS: Are there hotels close to Pimlico Race Course?
MEDICATION: What do I do if my medication needs to be kept cool?
MTA: Will the MTA provide transportation for the Preakness?
POST-POSITION DRAW: When does the Post-Position Draw for the Preakness Stakes occur?
RE-ENTRY: Can I re-enter Pimlico after leaving?
There will be no re-entry into the Grandstand/Clubhouse facility, or Infield.
SECURITY INFO: How can I find a complete listing of the security procedures?
To view the complete list of the Security Policies, click here.
SMOKING: Where can I smoke?
TAXI: Are Taxis available after Preakness and where?
Preakness Day ONLY: Staging begins at 3:00 p.m. on Belvedere Ave with access via Park Heights Ave.
TICKETS: When do tickets go on sale?
The 2015 Black-Eyed Susan and Preakness Stakes Day tickets on sale October 1, 2014.
TICKETS: Is it safe to buy tickets on-line?
The only authorized seller for Preakness and Black-Eyed Susan Day tickets online is Ticketfly.com. There are many websites that may look legitimate but they are not affiliated in any way with Preakness and the Maryland Jockey Club.
TICKETS: Are there any places I can go in person to purchase tickets?
TICKETS: Are any tickets sold the day of the event?
Yes, Infield tickets only. Ticket booths are located at Rogers Ave & Pimlico Road (Preakness Way Parking Lot).
TICKETS: I lost my ticket, is there anything that can be done?
Please call the Preakness Sales office: (410) 542-9400 or 1 (877) 206-8042 ext. 300.
TICKETS: I would like to purchase the same seat as last year, how can I do so?
Reservations for returning guests who wish to purchase their same 2014 seating tickets must be received by January 16, 2015. Click here to obtain Ticket Office contact information.
TIME: What is the earliest time I can get into Pimlico?
TRAFFIC INFORMATION: Is there any special traffic information I need to know about?
SPECIAL TRAFFIC PATTERNS*
1. ROGERS AVE. will be closed to all vehicle traffic from Winner Ave. to Northern Pkwy. from 10:00 p.m. Friday, May 15th until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night, Saturday, May 16th (Pedestrian foot traffic only).
2. WINNER AVE. will be one-way Northbound from Hayward Ave. to Rogers Ave. beginning at 10:00 p.m. Thursday night, May 14th until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night, May 16th.
3. WINNER AVE. will remain two-way from Rogers Ave. to Northern Pkwy. until 5:00 p.m., Preakness night, May 16th.
4. WINNER AVE. will become one-way Northbound from Rogers Ave. to Northern Pkwy. beginning at 5:00 p.m. Preakness Day, May 16th until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night.
5. HAYWARD AVE. will be one-way Eastbound from Park Heights Ave. to Winner Ave. beginning at 7:00 a.m. Preakness morning, May 16th until 3:00 p.m. Preakness Day.
6. HORSEMEN: A temporary one-way entrance for automobile traffic to the Hayward Stable Area entrance will be created through the Press Lot behind Barn E, accessible via Winner Ave. beginning at 7:00 a.m. Black-Eyed Susan morning, Fri., May 15th, until 9:00 p.m. Preakness night Sat., May 16th.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR HORSE VANS SHIPPING INTO THE HAYWARD AVE. STABLE GATE ON PREAKNESS DAY: Horse Vans will not be permitted access to the Hayward Ave. stable area after 8:00 a.m., on Preakness Day. If a horse van enters the Hayward gate after 8:00 a.m, they will be required to stay in the stable area until after the last race.
* Traffic Patterns may be subject to change.
When traveling to Pimlico on Preakness Day, please remember to allow yourself sufficient time for convenient access and plan to come early!
WINNING TICKET: Where do I cash in my winning ticket?
How to cash your Maryland winning ticket or credit voucher:
The Maryland Racing Commission requires that all winning tickets and credit vouchers must be cashed within one year of their issue. These can be redeemed in person at any Maryland Intertrack or OTB site, or by the mail. Tickets should be sent registered or certified mail to: Laurel Park, Post Office Box 130, Laurel, Maryland, 20725. ATTN: Mutuel Department.
NOTE: If you bought your winning ticket in another STATE and TRACK outside of Maryland, that's where you MUST cash your winning ticket.