- Race Info
- Visitor Guide
Sunrise at Old Hilltop
May 19, 2016
The 20-minute walking tours run from 6 a.m. – 9 a.m., Tuesday through Friday of Preakness Week.
After enjoying sunrise on the Grandstand apron while watching the Preakness contenders’ morning workouts, you will get an insider's perspective on racing during an escorted tour of the stable area. You never know whom you may run into on the backside...trainers, owners, exercise riders, and jockeys start work early! The Barn area is one place you can count on an interesting story!
Take time to shop for Preakness souvenirs and explore the Pimlico Museum before heading back outside to watch the horses finish their morning workouts. Our tour guides bring with them a wealth of experience and add a personal touch that is priceless!
The last tour registration for Thursday and Friday is at 8:45am. Reservations are not taken. Tours are FREE and on a first come, first served basis. We suggest that you arrive early to take full advantage of the tours and keep in mind that the Friday tours are extremely popular so come earlier in the week, if possible!
Parking for Sunrise Tours
Parking for Sunrise Tours is in the Rogers Ave. lot, at the intersection of Northern Pkwy and Woodcrest Ave. The Rogers Ave. lot is paid parking after 10:00am. If you have purchased parking for Friday, May 20, you can park in the lot designated by your parking placard on Friday. Parking placard must be displayed in your vehicle at all times. The Rogers gate will close at 10:00am every morning. You must exit before 10:00am if you want to exit using the same gate you entered. You are welcome to stay and enjoy the day at the track, however If you choose to stay later than 10:00am, without moving your vehicle, you will exit from the front of the facility and will walk around the building to the Rogers Ave. parking lot. Staying in the parking lot on Friday is not an option unless you purchase parking.
• Handicapped parking is available in the Rogers Ave. lot.
• Passenger drop off is available in front of the Grandstand.
• Wheelchair and stroller friendly tours will be offered on Tuesday at 8:00am and Wednesday at 7:00am.
• Please note everyone must stay with assigned group while on the tour.
• One tour per day, please.
• No flash photographs allowed.
• Please review our security policies for Friday, Black-Eyed Susan day by clicking here.
• All persons entering Pimlico and their camera bags, purses and containers are subject to direct physical search or indirect search by wanding or magnetometers.
• There will be a little more walking this year due to parking arrangements so be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes!
For more information, please contact Diana Harbaugh at email@example.com.
EVENT LOCATION DETAILS
6:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Pimlico Grandstand Apron
Pimlico Race Course
5201 Park Heights Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
Tel: (410) 542-9400