- Race Info
- Visitor Guide
- Black-Eyed Susan
Platinum Selling Rock Group O.A.R. And Grammy Award Winning Zac Brown Band To Headline Infield Concert On Preakness Day
BALTIMORE, MD 03-19-10---The Maryland Jockey Club today announced 2010 Preakness InfieldFEST, presented by Budweiser Select, will include performances by Grammy Award winner Zac Brown Band and Platinum selling musical group O.A.R. Both bands will play extended sets on the main stage in the public Infield on Saturday, May 15 at Pimlico Race Course.
The famed Preakness® Stakes, the middle jewel of thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown, is the largest single day sporting event in the state of Maryland with attendance figures topping six-figures in eight of the last 10 years, including a record 121,263 in 2007.
“Last year, we launched an entirely new concept that brought national entertainment and a host of other activities to the Infield. As in 2009, we will continue to welcome coolers in the Infield for food items only, but will not allow beverages of any kind,” said Maryland Jockey Club president Tom Chuckas. “This year’s ad campaign invites fans to “Get Your Preak On” in a series of commercials that promises to be edgy, amusing and entertaining.”
Four of the five members of O.A.R. graduated from Thomas S. Wootton High School in Rockville, MD near Washington D.C., and have since built a huge following throughout the United States. O.A.R. released their sixth studio album All Sides in the summer of 2008 helping to propel the band’s cumulative album sales to well over 1.7 million. Containing the certified Platinum hit single “Shattered,” All Sides is the band’s most successful debut to date. O.A.R. is currently working on their forthcoming seventh studio album. Additional information can be found at http://www.ofarevolution.com/.
Zac Brown Band were recently named GRAMMY's "Best New Artist" and are nominated for four Academy of Country Music Awards including "Entertainer of the Year." The band's platinum-certified, major label debut The Foundation - one of Billboard's Top 20 albums of 2009 - is out now (Atlantic Records) and features the band's first three No.1 hit singles and a fourth single "Highway 20 Ride," which is rapidly climbing the charts. Currently on the road with their "Breaking Southern Ground" national tour on the West Coast, this summer Zac Brown Band will also join the Dave Matthews Band to perform at select shows across the U.S. including New York's Citi Field. Additional information can be found at http://www.zacbrownband.com/.
In addition to the main stage headliners, the 2010 Preakness InfieldFEST, a day-long multi-celebration festival experience, will feature live music, entertainment and a variety of Maryland-branded food and beverage concessions:
• For an additional $20 to a regular admission to the public Infield or a Top of the Stretch ticket, fans receive a souvenir mug with unlimited refills of beer
• From 8 a.m. to noon, $1 draft beers will be served in this popular area where drink specials, D.J.’s and more pack in the crowds
JAGERMEISTER SECOND STAGE
• Expanded hours with three bands performing (Mr. Greengenes, Jason Michael Carroll and Collective Soul)
• Bikini contest
• Bet Or No Bet contest-take $100 in cold cash or wager $1,000 to WIN on one horse in a race on the Preakness undercard
• Radio row hosts many of Baltimore’s top stations
• A sanctioned tournament run by the American Corn Hole Association pits area bars against one another in an NCAA style bracket
• The Toyota Pro Beach East Volleyball Tour kicks off its 2010 season on the Pimlico Infield for the second straight year with a special one day professional women’s beach volleyball doubles tournament
FLAVORS OF MARYLAND
• More than 20 food & concession vendors and pubs provide a taste of Baltimore
• Scavenger Hunt, via text message clues, directs fans through a series of clues leading to big prizes. The high-tech cell phone scavenger hunt is the newest mobile phone game around. Any mobile device can play by texting PREAK to 728647
• Preakness Pro-Tent, with expert advisors, provides wagering suggestions and helps fans manage bankrolls
• Washington D.C. power players visit Baltimore’s signature event
Tickets for public Infield admission have been reduced $10. Tickets will be $40 in advance through Ticketmaster, the Preakness Ticket Sales Office and participating BP stations and $50 on Preakness day. The MUG Club package is $60 in advance and $70 on Preakness day, May 15.
“The Infield MUG Club ticket gives Infield fans admission and a souvenir mug to refill and enjoy for the day,” added Chuckas. “I think we worked through some of last year’s issues. We did a little homework on our own and listened to the feedback from customers on what they’d like to see. The entire day promises to be fun-filled, highlighted by the running of the Preakness Stakes.”
NO beverage of any kind (cans or bottles), including alcohol, soft drinks and water will be allowed to be brought into the public Infield or Top of the Stretch. Sixteen ounce beers, served in plastic cups, will be sold for $3. Water bottles will be available for $1.
Coolers and backpacks, containing food, will be permitted in the Infield but coolers larger than 28"l x 15"w x 17"h will be prohibited. Beach blankets and suntan lotion, cellular phones, cameras (up to 35mm), camcorders, binoculars and lightweight plastic lawn chairs are also allowed in the Infield. For a complete list of policies, please visit www.preakness.com/pimlicoMaps.
Top of the Stretch seats will remain $110 with coolers limited to 12” x 12” or smaller. Top of the Stretch MUG Club tickets are $130.
Premium seating is available in the Preakness Village, Clubhouse Turn Suites and Turfside Terrace locations. Visit http://www.preakness.com/ for more details.
All tickets are available for purchase on the Preakness website, the Pimlico box office or http://www.ticketmaster.com/.
Check out www.GetYourPreakOn.com for additional information.